We are looking for an experienced stage manager with a strong technical background, for the production and tour of Beyond Belief.
Dates: Rehearsals in Liverpool. Fee: Equity minimum.
W/c 27th August, 3rd Sept, 17th Sept. Tech/production at Unity Theatre w/c 24th Sept, 6th Oct. Your dates Oct 10, 16th, Nov 13th.
• Oversee the smooth running of the rehearsal room, working closely with the Director to ensure rehearsals run to schedule and with all required resources (props, costumes etc)
• Organise & schedule production meetings & distribute notes, communicate between departments where necessary.
• Take notes during rehearsals, distributing them to the other departments and creating the book.
• Work with the Designer to source props, costumes and technical equipment as required including restocking consumables.
• Liaise with Producer and creative team (Director, Designer, Sound Designer, Video+Lighting Designer) over the general management and delivery of the production
• Work closely with Designers and in house technical team to oversee the fit up of set and all technical elements of the show
• Depending on show requirements, potentially operate the show.
• Write and circulate show reports
• Ensure the set, costumes and props are maintained during the run.
• Support the company with other work as can be reasonably required for the smooth running of rehearsals and performances.
• Create a complete technical rider for the finished show.
•–Lead the get in and get out at tour venues, over seeing technical aspects
– Drive the van and/or manage transport of set to and from tour venues, van and accommodation bookings.
• Act as company manager on tour and report any problems to the Producer.
• Oversee all returns and/or storage of set, costumes and equipment at the end of the run
• Strong experience of stage management in the small and/or mid-scale theatre touring sector or similar settings
- Excellent organizational skills
• A broad range of technical skills including lighting, sound and show operation
• Experience operating QLab
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and think on your feet
• Ability to remain flexible and adjust to an evolving, devised rehearsal process.
• Full and clean driving license.
Travel, accommodation and per diems will be provided for tour
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience, skills and why you would like to work with us to Artistic Director Elinor Randle (email@example.com) by Fri 20th July, 5pm.
Interviews will take place in Liverpool, w/c 30th July date tbc .
Tmesis operate an equal opportunities policy for all freelance contracts.